Looking to move the right way? Owning a piece of property is an important goal for many people. Here's how to obtain a copy of proof of ownership.
You Will Need:
• A property location
• The year you purchased the property
• A computer and internet access (optional)
• An attorney (optional)
Step 1: Locate Recorder of Deeds
Locate and visit the Recorder of Deeds office responsible for the district in which your property is located. Frequently, the recorder of deeds functions as part of the county clerk's office.
Step 2: Provide information
Provide the recorder's office with your full name, the location of the property, and the year it was purchased. Some offices require the County Tax Parcel Number.
Step 3: Pay fees
Pay the required fees. If you make the copy yourself, the charge is typically 50 cents to a dollar per page, plus between one and two dollars for certification. If the office makes the copy for you, you can expect to pay upwards of five dollars per page, plus the dollar-fifty certification fee.
Step 4: Collect your copy
Take your deed. You can leave the office with proof positive that you are indeed the rightful owner of your home.
Trivia: The world's largest landowner is Queen Elizabeth II of Britain, with legal claim to 6.6 billion acres of land.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades